Terms & Conditions of Sale
When you request us to supply goods to you, you will be entering into a legally binding contract with us and will be bound by the following terms of business.
Please take some time to read them carefully and if you are unsure on any clause, please contact us for an explanation However, we confirm that your statutory rights relating to faulty and mis-described goods or services provided are not affected by these terms of business.
- When new doors and/or other products are supplied, fitted or repaired you must pay all monies due to us or our fitter upon satisfactory completion. Payment can be made by cheque payable to ‘Empire’ or by bank transfer to Natwest AC: 40090299 SORT:52-41-00
- We may ask you to provide us with a deposit in the sum shown on the
- quotation/estimate. Such sum will be taken into account when the balance is due.
- When doors or other products are sold on a supply only basis and not fitted you must pay us at the time you place the order.
2. QUOTATION AND ESTIMATES
- Quotation and estimates are valid for twenty eight days from the date of issue, during which you are entitled to make an order. After 28 days, you must ask for a new quotation or estimate from us.
- Unless specifically stated, the quotation/estimate does not include: (i) The cost of making good loose, rotten or damaged brickwork, pointing, rendering, floor or timbers which are discovered during the installation process which are not caused by our negligence while installing the garage door.
- In a small number of cases, an existing opening can be in a slightly "out of square" condition. If this is obvious at the time the quotation/estimation is given, we will make this clear to you and may advise you against having the door installed. However, if it only becomes apparent when the new door is installed, our fitter will advise you of the situation and seek your confirmation that you would like him to try his best to install the door to operate as efficiently as possible within that opening, although we cannot guarantee its effectiveness where the door has been installed against our advice.
- You are responsible for clearing the area where the products are to be fitted and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage caused to items not removed or adequately protected by you, unless the loss or damage is caused by our negligence.
- Please ensure that our fitters have access to sufficient electricity supply to enable them to install the products.
- If you order products from us, or you provide us with measurements or other details for products which you ask us to install, which are subsequently discovered to be wrong, misleading or inaccurate, then you will be responsible for additional costs incurred by us in replacing any such products unless such replacement is as a result of our erroneously advising you as to the suitability of the product in question.
3. MATERIAL PROTECTION.
- Some of the Materials used may naturally alter in colour, or be subject to warping, swelling or shrinkage due to their Make up or ordinary natural processes of ageing fading or the effects of weather or climate. You should consider arranging for such materials to be finished and maintained in accordance with the Manufacturer's recommendations to avoid unnecessary discolouration, shrinkage, warping or swelling.
- We cannot be responsible for damage caused by natural rotting or discomposure of the supporting timbers or structures, which we advised needed replacement at the quotation/estimation stage.
- Any estimated time we give for delivery may vary. We will try our best to let you know if the time of delivery or installation will change from the standard three to six week stated at the time of quotation/estimation or when you place your order with us. If you urgently require delivery you should make this clear when you place your order with us.
- If delivery of your order is delayed beyond a reasonable period passed the maximum six week lead time, you are entitled to cancel your order
- Where we are delayed in delivering or installing goods because you are unable to take delivery or give us suitable access to install the goods, we reserve the right to charge you reasonable costs for storage of the goods.
- If you cancel your order as a result of our late delivery which is caused as a result of a factor outside our reasonable control, we will be entitled to charge you in accordance with clause 6 below.
- We are concerned that you receive your correct order intact. When doors are to be fitted, we will ensure that we have the correct order before commencing work. However, when you order goods to be supply or delivery only, you must check the goods at the time of delivery or within seven days after delivery to ensure it is correct and sign the invoice overleaf. If there are any damages or shortages you must report them to us as soon as reasonably practicable after the damages or shortages are discovered, otherwise we cannot be responsible for replacing missing or damaged products.
5. TITLE OF GOODS
- Payment of invoices is due upon satisfactory completion of any works.
- Title of goods remains the property of Empire until full and final payment has been received.
- All invoices are due for payment on the 30th day of the month following the invoice date. In the event of unresolved disputes Empire reserves the right to refer debts to a collection agency. Any invoice outstanding that is not in dispute beyond this period may be referred to Daniels Silverman Ltd and will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus vat to cover the collection costs incurred. This surcharge together with all other charges and legal fess incurred will be the responsibility of the customer and will be legally enforceable
6. CANCELLING ORDERS
- You may cancel orders up to fourteen days after placing an order (Unless goods ordered are bespoke, already in the manufacturing process, Been dispatched or are ready for installation).
- When you place an order and pay a deposit, you enter into a contract. We take the deposit as security and proof of your good intentions. If you break the contract after fourteen day then you will probably lose all or some of your deposit to cover the cost of time processing your order and any costs incurred for materials purchased on your behalf.
- In the event that any of our products supplied to you prove to be faulty, we ask that you contact us as soon as reasonably practible, when we will discuss with you the best way to rectify any defect which will either be by way of repair or replacement free of charge, to your reasonable satisfaction or by offering you a refund for the product concerned. In the event that you suffer a loss as a result of a defect in the products we have supplied to you and/or by our lack of care during installation of the products that we have supplied, we will be responsible for your losses arising from:
- Any death or injury to any person.
- Damage to property and any of the losses that could be reasonably anticipated as resulting from such damage.
- However we cannot be responsible for:
- Losses which could not have been reasonably foreseen when you placed your order.
- Any loss, injury or damage that was not caused by us and was not our fault.
- Any losses of whatever nature caused to a business or commercial activity.
8. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
- Any complaint will be dealt with promptly, effectively and courteously, in accordance with good business practice. A person will be nominated to take overall responsibility for the management of customer complaints.
- All complaints will be recorded.
- In the event that you have a complaint, please contact us verbally and we will respond within twenty four hours to the complaint.
- If you are dissatisfied with our response please put your complaint in writing.
- (If it is not possible to resolve your complaint within one month of receipt, you will be given a written explanation for our response to your complaint, and where necessary will be referred to a “Fair Trading Officer” to assist in reaching a solution.
- Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0117 981 2929.
- If a satisfactory conclusion still cannot be reached, the agreement of the customer and ourselves will be sought for the use of a mutually agreed arbitration scheme.
- No attempt will be made to restrict your statutory rights.
- We undertake to acknowledge and respond to advice given by officers of the trading standards service.
9. WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES
- All of our products are covered by Manufactures warranties and guarantees. Please refer to leaflets supplied with your products.
- We offer a 12 month goodwill service for warranty issues after which time please contact the manufacturer.
- In addition we offer a 12 month guarantee on the installation of goods and repairs from the date of receipt.
- Neglect, wanton damage, building settlement and or subsidence are not covered under warranties and guarantees.
Data Protection Policy as of 26th April 2018
For the purposes of the Data protection Act EMPIRE Company is registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office)
Empire (for the rest of this document referred to as “EMPIRE” and or “Us”) is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act.
Data Collected & Held by CGBL.
The only information EMPIRE holds is Customers' actual or trading names, email addresses, postal address and telephone numbers for the purpose of providing quotes, submitting invoices and communication about ongoing works or contracts. We will not ask for any sensitive information such as religion, gender or other sensitive and personal information other than that indicated above and then only for the specific purposes of fulfilling a contract.
Set out below are EMPIRE's eight governing principles to enable us to comply with Data Protection requirements:
- Data will be processed fairly and lawfully. We will not use coercion, bribery or mislead customers into giving personal data.
- Data will only be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and processed in a manner in keeping with that purpose.
- The data we collect will be adequate for the purpose of suppling the agreed specific service or product intended.
- Personal Data shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date
- Personal Data shall not be kept for longer than necessary to enable the satisfactory completion of a project or until a maintenance contract is cancelled. In addition Legal documents such as invoices that contain VAT transactions will be kept for any statutory period as required by HMRC.
- Customers have a right commonly known as “subject access request” to have access to full details of any data held by EMPIRE. Customers also have a right to stop or prevent EMPIRE from selling, giving or lending their data to any third party for the purposes of direct marketing. Customers also have a right to claim compensation if we deliberately break the Data Protection Act regulations. EMPIRE will upon request delete any customer data.
- EMPIRE has active security measures to prevent accidental or deliberate compromise of customers data. Eg; Password protected computers. Only staff that have explicit permission and a direct responsibility for accessing data will be allowed to do so.
- Customers data will not knowingly and / or deliberately be transferred to any country or territory outside the EEA (European Economic Area). As and when required by law the above will be edited or amended.
Empire is a Sole Trader
This website is owned by Séan Thomas trading as Empire
Images on this site
Photographs on this site are of Empire's own work. Any stock images used are for illustration purposes only.
Phone Numbers on this site
All telephone numbers listed on this site redirect to a single office located at:
EMPIRE, 27 Victoria Garden, Eastbourne BN20-8NJ